My Name is Miles Hillier and I live in Utah with my wife and two totally awesome kids. In my spare time I enjoy basketball, racquetball, mountain biking, and tinkering with my 5D Mark II. I geek out over video games, superheroes, Dr. Pepper, CSI, Cosplay and fan art. I love all things design and do some development here and there. My dream is to travel the world taking photos of beautiful exotic places and people. My first stop would be out in the Pacific Islands of Guam, Saipan, and Majuro in the Marshall Islands.
I have always had a passion for design. All aspects of design not only interest me, but are a part of my daily life. From apps to products to websites, process and code, I love beautifully designed, instinctively simple, fully functional experiences! I strive to make life filled with meaningful experiences that are aways pushing forward and expanding what is possible.
- Wireframing / Rapid Prototyping (InVision / Marvel)
- Typography / Iconography
- Strategic Research and Planning
- Responsive HTML, CSS & Scss Practices
- SEO & Social Media
- Photoshop Illustrator & Sketch
- Agile Environment
- Working Iterations
- Bachelor of Science in Digital Media
- Utah Valley University, Orem, UT
- Interaction Design
- Web Languages
- Digital Media Project Mgmt
- Digital Photography & Compositing
- Graphics Applications
- Marketing for Digital Media
- Corporate Issues
Design / Programming
- Designed the Reporting and Moderation tools used by admins to handle accounts and content from Mormon.org users. By layering the admin on public view as well as focusing on inline-editing, quick reporting, and use of a roles management system we have achieved a sustainable fully functioning experience.
- Through various Mormon.org campaigns and core features I Collaberated, Designed, & Developed systems to assist in the i18n & L10N objectives. Focused on Responsive Design practices to achieve mobility of the systems to any device, anywhere.
- Based off of branding requirements I counseled with companies on meeting the events objectives in both design and development strategies. These companies include: VMware, HP, Bentley, Rim, RSA, Symantec, Oracle, Gartner, GreenBuild, Schwab, and many others.
- Helped many small to large companies understand their users to develop a focus and vision for their customers. Worked with them through-out the entire process. (content, design, development, and maintenance phases).
- Achieved branding and integration requirements for content management systems such as: Wordpress, Smugmug, Blogger, Pixelpost, Joomla, and Company created software.
- Created comps and prototypes for a few non-profit organizations to improve their web visibility services & interactions.
- Brought in to focus on students needs to facilitated a easier and more informative system that allowed students to further their chances of employment upon graduation. I was in charge of all advertising and website management. Content and usability were main focuses in the re-building of the website as well as marketing to students.
Marketing / Branding / Photography
- Branded hundreds of businesses with logos, advertising campaigns, and other company marketing materials.
- Collaborated with event coordinators to capture images for future ad campaigns and promotional materials.
- Built a side photography business catering to individuals, families, and businesses.
Training / Leadership / Management
- Trained and supported several other employees in both Front-End, Back-End and Designer roles.
- Oversaw a department consisting of six employees. Within three months decreased the workload by half and doubled the sales from previous months.
- Through coordination efforts with other departments and teams I focused on a collaboration effort to ensure more of a productive and constant increase to features and processes used by the company to support client needs and goals.
- ICS LDS Church – Riverton, UT – UX Designer / Front-End Developer Jun 2012 – Present
- Active Network – Draper, UT – UI UX Designer/Developer Jan 2011 - Jun 2012
- UVU Career Services & Student Employment – Orem, UT – Marketing / Designer Jun 2010 – Dec 2010
- StoresOnline / Crexendo – Orem, UT – Designer / Programmer / Consultant Apr 2009 – Mar 2010
- Heritage Web Solutions – Orem, UT – Designer / Programmer / Management / Consultant Jan 2006 – Feb 2009